The Charlotte area’s new professional soccer club and team, Stumptown Athletic, will debut this fall – and we’re looking for an organized, hard-working candidate to serve as our Equipment Manager.
Stumptown Athletic is part of the new National Independent Soccer Association, a new association that’s kicking off this fall with 10 teams across the U.S. It’s based in Matthews and focuses on youth player development and community investment. That means we want to be a big part of our local community – and that’s where our team staff comes in.
The Equipment Manager reports directly to the head coach and is primarily located in Matthews, NC and our training site in Pineville, NC. The Equipment Manager is considered an entry-level, active position, and part of the team technical staff.
What we need:
The Equipment Manager is responsible for the professional appearance of Stumptown Athletic players, staff, and training facilities. A successful candidate in this position must be organized, hard-working, and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The Equipment Manager oversees all player and technical staff apparel and training equipment, in addition to other duties.
- Work directly with Head Coach, Coaching Staff and Team Operations Manager to coordinate team needs
- Organize and distribute player, coach, and staff apparel and equipment
- Fulfill individual player requirements and needs
- Coordinate coaching, medical, and fitness staff requirements for games, training and travel
- Purchase and maintain inventory of all game, training, and travel apparel and training equipment
- Work directly with facility management to ensure all safety guidelines regarding equipment and weather are met.
- Coordinate training times and field availability with the Matthews Sportsplex and CSA OrthoCarolina Soccer Complex
- Maintain occupied training space & facilities
- Assist Team Operations Manager with the coordination of player and staff travel and transportation
- Coordinate all purchases and team merchandise requests with internal merchandise team
- Coordinate the set-up of both home and visiting team locker rooms
- Fulfill the needs and requirements of the coaching staff, players, and training staff
- Ensure NISA rules and regulations regarding equipment appearance and availability are met
- Ensure all NISA equipment and reporting rules and regulations are met for both home and road matches
- Ensure the proper application of transfers for both game and training apparel to meet all NISA and sponsorship requirements
- Travel as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in the sports industry required, preferably in equipment management.
- Must have a good driving record and be approved for coverage under company’s auto insurance policy.
- Candidates must have impeccable organization skills.
- Candidates must be able to lift upwards of 50 lbs.
- Must be available to work various nights, weekends, and holidays to support key team initiatives at games and other related events.
The Equipment Manager position is a full-time position (40 hours a week plus game days) and includes a base salary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in joining us?